Sunday 13 March 2011

Will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed!

Dr. Seuss was a very wise man.  I think we have all learnt a great deal from his colourful hard bound books.  I reread some of them when my nieces were born and the messages that the good doctor was trying to convey to my child mind came through a clear as crystal.   The quote from the title is from the book Oh, the Places You'll Go! (1990).

It seemed to be an appropriate start to my blog.  Now don't get me wrong, I love bloggers but other than a few proper writers which I am privileged to know, blogs seem to be glorified journals.  So, I have submitted and am posting my glorified journal. This will be my way of letting out all the thoughts that ramble around in my head and I hope I am forgiven for the mistakes in grammar that I am bound to make.

So, who am I?  I am a 40ish year old woman who was told by her husband of 16 years that he didn't want to be married anymore.  Since the fact remains that if only one person wants to be in the marriage, the marriage will not survive.  I am lucky enough to have remained friends with my husband but we have gone our separate ways.  After much contemplation, I have decided to move from Ontario (the place of my birth)  to St. John's, Newfoundland and start a new life there.  I am not running away, I am moving on!!!



You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.

So, here it is ... me... moving on.  Want to take the journey with me!

5 comments:

  1. I've been there pre, during and post and will continue to be! Looking forward to reading about your new travels Kim!

    /Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start... you make me proud!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your blog
    Good luck with you move
    Good luck with the rest of your long life.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first blog I've ever read!!! Don't really know what to do or say, so I'll just take a plate of desserts and quietly stand in the corner and maybe someone will say 'Hi'.....But, before I go, so you'll know I was here, I'll leave a quote for your journey: "Every exit is an entrance to somewhere."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well from the West Coast to the East Coast rock, I wish you the very best as you commence this new journey, Kim.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete