Wednesday 17 August 2011

Part I of the Journey

Did ya miss me?  I know that I have been away too long but it has been a busy couple of months.  The first part of my journey is over.  I have moved from Ontario to Newfoundland, bought a house and started my new job.  Now the next part... unpacking, getting settled and starting a new life here in St. John's.

I have so much to tell you and some wonderful stories from my journey and there are new and wonderful things happening all the time.  So, with that in mind, I will be writing again.  Some of my blogs will be from the here and now and some will be from a couple months back.   Enjoy!

The reason today was the day to get back on the blog wagon was two-fold.  Firstly, I had to do my WHMIS this morning so my mind had a chance to wander about all the things I would rather be doing and it also gave me the afternoon off.  Secondly, I am sick of unpacking...really, really sick of it so I am going to sit at the computer at type (no guilt since I am actually doing something).

I have probably said this before, probably while packing, that I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH CRAP.  I am living quite comfortably with the small amount that I have unpacked and I look at a basement full of boxes and wonder why do I need so much stuff.

I have these grand ideas of purging and having a slick minimalist style of home... but then again...

Stuff makes us feel safe, it makes us feel wealthy but I think that most of all it makes us feel "home".  I have my house and like I said, I have enough unpacked to make my meals, get dressed, watch TV and do the grooming thing but it doesn't feel like home yet.  As I unpack my pictures, my books, those little trinkets and all those other little things, this house is starting to feel like I belong here.  Maybe that is the whole point of stuff; a connection, someplace that is uniquely yours, someplace to call your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment